Why a blog?....realistically, it's cheaper than therapy!

So, finally, the ultimate embrace of technology. Diary writing for the world to see. I guess if I had anything interesting to hide, I could always opt out of writing it down and sending it into to the webiverse, but what fun would that be? Laugh, cry, criticize, empathize, sympathize, and any other "ize" you can think of. That is what this is for. I'll be seeing you in your comments...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Late nights with Me, Myself, and I.

Ok, so it's 11 o'clock and I am sitting at an Applebee's having a drink. Why? For one thing, here in the Portland Metro nothing is open past 10pm on a Monday night except maybe the dive bars that I am just not ready to go to now that I am a mom of 3 and married! For another, I have found a secret getaway...the kids go down and I go out. Sometimes a movie, sometimes just aimless wandering or driving listening to the radio as loud as I want not worrying about whether my kids will ask what song is playing or what it is about (FYI-"Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC is about dancing...that's what they were doing all night long, at least that is what I've explained to my 5 year old)!
Here's the catch...late nights mean less sleep, but when your a 3 month old doesn't usually wake up until 5 or 6 am after going to bed at 8pm, it is almost always worth it! I figure I am evening the score and getting as much sleep as I did with the other 2 kids!
The problem is that there is really not much to do. Coffee places are closed, nice restaurants or wine bars are closed, and really it is a movie or just aimless wandering...or blogging, thanks to my "crackberry"!
I've done the movie thing, and in most cases, if I get out by 9pm it is not an extremely late evening, but other times getting to bed at 2am and then waking to baby grunts of hunger 4 hours later...not pleasant!
My million dollar business idea...a place for moms to go that has late evening fun, coffee (decaf of course), wine, movies, and wireless access!
Anyone game?! Hello? Oh, right...everyone is at home, in bed, asleep.
Oh well, I guess there is always that!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment